PhD in TRANSLATION, in INTERPRETATION, in INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Admission into the PhD Degree program in; Translation, Interpretation and Intercultural studies is through the study of files according to the criteria provided by the Academic Office.
Candidates are to compile and submit their complete files with a 1000 FCFA fiscal stamp to the University online registration platform.
Candidates are expected to indicate in their files at least 3 referees with their names, addresses and recommendation letters from the referees preferably from the previous University he/she attended
Duration of Studies
When to apply
All post-graduate registration at the University of Buea begin in May and last through June and July.
The application file must consist of the following;
- A handwritten application bearing a 1,000 FCFA fiscal stamp
- Certified true copy of the candidate’s birth certificate issued not less than six months ago
- A certificate of non conviction issued not more than three months ago
- A certified true copy of the Bachelor’s Degree or its recognized equivalent
- Transcripts of Bachelor’s Degree
- A certified true copy of the Master’s Degree in Translation or Interpretation
- Transcripts of Master’s Degree in Translation and Interpretation
- A written recommendation from the indicated referees.
Any candidate with any good pass in Bachelor’s from any discipline, and a good pass in Master’s in Translation or Interpretation can apply for the PhD Degree program
To qualify for the award of the PhD in Translation and M.A. in Interpretation, the candidate must:
Have earned a minimum of 240 credits of requisite compulsory and elective courses
Complete the course in a minimum of 8 semesters or a maximum of 14 semesters
Satisfy any other requirements of Master’s Degree prescribed by Senate
850,000 FCFA- National Students
1,500,000 FCFA- Foreign or International Students
If you have general questions about applying to ASTI or UB, or problems creating or accessing your user account, please contact:
ASTI: University of Buea
If you have questions related to your application to ASTI, contact our Admissions Office