MEET ASA: ASTI’s STUDENTS ASSOCIATION
M.A. in TRANSLATION INTERPRETATION
Admission into the Masters Degree program; Translation and Interpretation(Division I and Division II respectively) is through a competitive entrance examination organized by the Minister of Higher Education.
Candidates are to go to the bank BICEC and pay registration fees for the entrance examination where they will obtain a bank receipt confirming they have met the necessary requirements.
Candidates are to compile and submit their complete files with a 1000 FCFA (which would include the receipts) to ASTI or centers accredited by ASTI e.g. MINESUP
Duration of Studies
When to apply
All post-graduate registration at the University of Buea begin in May, and last through June and July. However registration for the entrance exam into the Masters Degree program at ASTI only begins after the Minister of Higher Education launches the entrance examination.
The application file must consist of the following;
- A handwritten application bearing a 1,000 FCFA fiscal stamp and clearly showing the candidate’s working languages
- Certified true copy of the candidate’s birth certificate issued not less than six months ago
- A certificate of non conviction issued not more than three months ago
- Four recent passport-sized photographs(4cm x 4cm)
- A certified true copy of the Bachelor’s Degree or its recognized equivalent
- Transcripts of Bachelor’s Degree
- An attestation of presentation of the originals of the certificates
- A receipt of 20,000 FCFA as examination fees, payable to ASTI in the following bank account: BICEC Buea, Account No._9839444200157
- A written authorization from the public service to sit for the examination-for civil servants
- Where applicable, an authorization from the candidate’s employer
- A large self addressed envelope bearing a 250FCFA postage stamp
The results are being distributed as follows; 70 marks for written/oral evaluation and 30 marks for previous results
Translation- University of Buea, ENS, Yaounde
Interpretation- University of Buea
- Any candidate with any good pass in Bachelor’s from any discipline can register for any of the Master’s Degree program
- In the course of registration, candidates going in for either degree programs are expected to indicate their working languages in order of mastery with ‘A’ being the language most mastered and ‘B’ or ‘C’ being the language least mastered e.g. English A French B etc.
- Translation is a written examination, Interpretation is an oral examination
- Private and Foreign candidates are admitted through the study of their submitted files. School fees is 1,000,000 FCFA.
- The results are released in October and will be available on www.ubuea.cm or this website. Other areas of publications are the notice boards at ASTI
To qualify for the award of the M.A. in Translation and M.A. in Interpretation, the candidate must:
Have earned a minimum of 124 credits of requisite compulsory and elective courses
Complete the course in a minimum of 4 semesters or a maximum of 8 semesters
Satisfy any other requirements of Master’s Degree prescribed by Senate
If you have general questions about applying to ASTI or UB, or problems creating or accessing your user account, please contact:
ASTI: University of Buea
If you have questions related to your application to ASTI, contact our Admissions Office